We are actively recruiting 2-3 postdocs and 2 graduate students who are interested either in bioinformatics or functional genomics. Please email me if you are interested.
1) Disease-causing variants: investigating the function of non-coding variant in the human genome and how they contribute to diseases such as cancer;
2) Cancer epigenomics: investigate epigenetic marks for certain types of cancer with a hope that it may eventually contribute to drug discovery.
3) 3D Genome Organization: Study the 3D structure of the genome organization by 5C/Hi-C, in particular the interactions between enhancers and their target gene promoters;
4) Use combination of current techniques to detect and validate structual variants in cancer genomes.
5) Comparative genomics: investigate the evolutionary landscape of cis-regulatory elements in the mammalian genome;
Techniques used in the lab
Bioinformatics : Determine TF occupancy, enhancer prediction, differential gene expression, 3D genome organization, GWAS.
Functional genomics: ChIP-Seq, RNA-Seq, Starr-Seq, Hi-C, Capture-C, CRISPR.